We talk so much about the physical benefits of running; and the common response from those who see us get up at 5AM to run a 10K in the rain is that we are crazy, obsessive, and or self masochistic.
I say that we’re on a journey towards happiness.
I say that the running lifestyle can incorporate all of the elements needed to make human beings feel and experience Eudemonia in their lives. I’m not saying it’s the only way to be happy, but I am saying that it is a certain way.
Our lives are so short; and this journey through our lives is too often hampered with disappointment, rejection, pain and sadness. Doesn’t it make sense to live our lives to the top and to do everything we can to experience as much happiness as possible?
I propose to you that running can bring you great happiness, and since I know that I’m preaching to the choir here, I’ll ask you to consider how running can bring happiness to those in your family, friends and acquaintances whom you’ll meet in your life…and that no matter how sad or broken they and we may sometimes feel: we have an obligation and a certain unalienable right to engage in the pursuit of happiness.
Links:
http://fatgurlzruntoo.livejournal.com
http://twitter.com/#!/Campion7
http://www.gofundme.com/Andie-Runs-For-Diabetes
http://compcon.mevio.com
http://jzkumar.blogspot.com
http://www.salemnews.com
http://www.ted.com/talks/nancy_etcoff_on_happiness_and_why_we_want_it.html
http://running-with-coffee.blogspot.com
http://www.crowdrise.com/runningforsabrina
http://www.ndss.org
http://wwfor.com
More of what I’m up to: http://steverunnerblog.com
”Happy People” was by Allison Crowe http://www.allisoncrowe.com
[Click HERE to download the episode}
