Dick is, and has always been, a huge influence in my life. He has taught me so much about how to be a good person, how to live a "low impact" life, and most importantly: HOW TO HAVE A CLUE.
He introduced me to the writings of Henry David Thoreau and, while I didn’t appreciate it at the time…I went on to read every volume and have become a “disciple of Thoreau”.
Thank you Dungman for introducing me to the man. He was, of course, a “Serious Biffer”.
These episodes were all produced with you in mind. I may have been absent over the past 12 years, but I never stopped thinking about the things you taught me. Some of these are from "biff trips" that I've taken after our last one in '02. The rest of all heavily influenced by you.
If you're bored and are looking for something to listen to (or if Twink is driving you nuts) tell him to play one or two of these for you. You might get a "kick out of it".
"This is the way we randomize...We randomize, we randomize....
this is the way we randomize so early in the morning...we randomize, we randomize, we randomize, we RANDOMIZE...this is the way.....we RANDOM-ise. So early in the morning (sing it)
WE RANDOMIZE, WE RANDOMIZE, WE RANDOMIZE, WE RANDOMIZE....etc. etc.
Fdip276: Henry David Thoreau Walker
Fdip242: Following Thoreau and the West Branch of the Penobscot
Fdip198: Walking – by Henry David Thoreau
Fdip111: Climate Change and the State of the World Wide Course
Fdip55: The Maine Woods of Thoreau
Fdip147: Low Impact Living