Last month, I introduced you to a voice who, unless you have more than a passing familiarity with Scandinavian Death Metal, you have never heard before. His is my friend, Mike…someone whom I worked with for many years as we both became acquainted with a new and reverent relationship with our holy invisible flying spaghetti monster: the lord.
Or, actually the antithesis of saintly magical beings.
Anyway: that’s your problem, not ours and it was an interesting time working in the same office, as I did for over 26 years. Most of the people I worked with were good people, some were even great people, Mike was in a special class of co-workers in a dark, quasi-ninja, evil genius, deception kinda way.
I would find myself wasting much of Mike’s and our un-named boss’s time, through out the day, reducing our customer support performance and negating any KPI’s that we were supposedly collecting like the previous generation collected Pokemon.
It wasn’t just that we didn’t care about SLA’s and KPI’s, it’s just that we knew there was more that this: We were like honey badgers.
That may be my new rally cry of freedom.
Anyway: Mike is back this week because we talked for several hours and I felt obligated to you, fellow runners: to allow you to hear the other side of humanity.
In these troublesome times for our Country and World, you should know that there is a dude. A dude who asks only for the occasional adult beverage, a dude who does mind, the Dude minds. “This will not stand”, he’ll say, “ya know, this aggression will not stand man.”
Mike is the dude, so that’s what you call him. That or His Dudeness of Duder or El Duderino if your not into the whole brevity thing. Above all, the Dude Abides: and you should find comfort in that.
Check out this episode!
